I have just finished the second day of my training and I've realised that I need to make some changes or set some goals in order to achieve happiness in my life.
After having some chats or doing some group work with some of the other graduates, the following has become clear to me:
* Most of them have their interests/social lives/friendships all sorted out
* Most are interested in networking and building new friendships
* Most are VERY confident and good at presenting to an audience
* Most are well-rounded people who dress well, and would fall under the 'cool' category
* Most are still living at home, but like myself are saving up for a deposit on a home
These are some goals I wish to set myself for the remainder of the year, after my experience over the past two days:
* Not be afraid to put my views forward among a group of other professionals - I am a bit apprehensive sometimes because I 'fear' that they will be judging me (silly, because I have higher qualifications and a higher position than a lot of them)
* Be more active in approaching others - Today we were to select a partner to share some of our goals with, and I was eyeing this girl who was also looking for a partner, but I ended up with the guy next to me because I have spoken to him a fair bit and he asked and it would've felt rude if I said no. I've been wanting to approach her for the past two days but I've been too shy. I also think that she is shy as well because she is rather quiet. I hope that she will come along to the pub meet that is going to be happening soon. I will make sure to speak to her then. I find her to be totally cute, and she has braces *blush*. I don't expect anything, but it would be nice to be able to approach a girl that I find attractive.
* Keep up to date with general events and sports - This is so that I can have a chat with anybody about any topic
* Start doing some more activities - Losing my second job means that I now have time to pursue new classes/courses
* Continue to build up relationships with any acquaintances that I may have - ie. I'm going out dancing with a couple of girls from my dancing class on the weekend.
* Ask a girl out on a date - This is very nerve racking but I have been single my whole life and would like to experience going on a proper date, and potentially find somebody special. I am a hopeless romantic at heart.
* Possibly do Toastmasters or some other public speaking course - I want to become good at presenting ideas to an audience. There's a guy that I spoke to yesterday who is very good at this, and this is who I wish to be like.